PRIVACY & COOKIES
Gateway is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring a secure online experience. In general, you can view this site and all the latest news and results without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Sometimes however, Middlesex Rugby needs to monitor website usage to help it to develop the web site and our services.
Collection of Personal Information
Gateway offers certain functions and services which, if you choose to use them, will require information from you in order to work, such as your name, email, address and mobile telephone number. Gateway will endeavour to let you know before your personal information is collected from you on the Internet.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once
- To help you find what you’re looking for quickly
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you
- To alert you to new services, special offers, and other info, unless you have indicated otherwise
Gateway is very much aware that some people will not want their information used other than for the purposes for which it was supplied; some will want to receive information from Gateway on ticketing issues only and others will want to receive more information.
Gateway will use your personal data for the administration of the game, but will give you the choice as to what information if any you wish to receive by e-mail.
In connection with commercial information, the categories have been divided into three groups, namely:
- Products and commercial services available from Gateway, its companies and subsidiaries – these include…
- Products and services available from Gateway official partners – these oartbers will be listed on the Gateway website and in other marketing material
- Products and services available from Gateway official partners subsidiary or associate companies – Gateway will not be able to list these entities
Gateway has decided that for the first two categories you should be able to ‘Opt Out’ of receiving the information, but that for the third category you will only receive it if you ‘Opt In’.
Gateway will not use (or pass to any third party) contact data on children under the age of 14 for any commercial mailing purposes.
Processing Your Data
If you choose to give us personal information to process an order or provide you with a subscription to a free service then this will be held and processed by Gateway in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Gateway may also need to transfer your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors who will process it on behalf of Gateway.
Providing you with information
Gateway may use your personal information to supply you with information about Gateway and/or its related organisations, and new (unless you have indicated otherwise) services offered to the game, as well as their respective activities and ranges of goods, services and opportunities (and otherwise where you have given your consent).
Gateway may also use your personal information for general statistical purposes. We also keep track of the domains from which users visit and analyse this data:
- For trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our web site and our internet infrastructure
- To ensure that services offered (such as, but not limited to, chat and forums) are not abused
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
The Gateway website contains links to other websites. Gateway is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites.
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of an Internet “cookie” to allow Gateway servers to monitor your requirements. The cookie is stored on your computer. The Gateway server may request that your computer return a cookie to it.
These return cookies do not contain any information supplied by you or any personally identifiable information about you.
Such measures are necessary to allow Gateway to measure the usability of the systems, which will help to continually improve user experience of our websites.
Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org